Basment windows

Old 01-23-06, 07:39 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basment windows

Hello,

I am finishing my basement and I have Basement windows that are half in the pored foundation and half above ground. I will be putting a drop ceiling in and I want to save the natural light coming in. Ho can I frame around these windows so I can save the light?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 01-23-06, 05:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Install a large 3 sided valance type frame around the window opening. Your drop ceiling will butt up against the edges of the valance frame. Make it as big as you like- but it should be at least as wide as the window is tall.

Old 01-23-06, 06:04 PM
L
Thats Great I think I got it! Thanks!

Old 01-24-06, 04:12 AM
J
Originally Posted by leventmine
Hello,

I am finishing my basement and I have Basement windows that are half in the pored foundation and half above ground. I will be putting a drop ceiling in and I want to save the natural light coming in. Ho can I frame around these windows so I can save the light?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I hope you’re not putting a bedroom in your basement without an egress window. Are you?

Do you have a set of plans?

If not. You should have an egress window anyway because of a fire. If someone was stuck in there and couldn't get out the door they can get out the window.

I'm just saying this because a lot of people don't get permits and think they can get away with certain things and I'm not saying you. If people do that they should be advised about the safety of someone sleeping in that bedroom with no way out.

Old 01-24-06, 10:39 AM
L
No bedroom just a wide open space for resale purposes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: