How to measure for new Subfloor

Old 02-03-06, 07:28 AM
How to measure for new Subfloor

Good Morning,

This is my first post to this group so hello all!! Anyway, I am putting new vinyl tile squares in my bathroom that is in a house that is 50 years old. The old tile was ripped up and I realized it was set in wed bed concrete (UGGG). Anyway, I ripped that all up to the floor boards and now I need to add a new subfloor (going to use 3/4" plywood). I am having the hardest time measure and cutting the room out for the plywood. I measure and then try to install the plywood and it just doesn't fit.

My question is, are there any "tricks of the trade" with regards to measuring out the room for the plywood? Around molding, tubs, ect? Should I use a template? If so, what is the best way?

Thanks so much!!

-Wes

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-06, 10:35 AM
hi
get some craft paper from you lumber yard the one used for under harwood floor and lay all down on the floor and tape them together to form the layout of your floor and cut to fit
then lay some plywood down that covers the floor erea then place your template you made from your paper and trace it on and cut the plywood

Search this Thread