Manf. Subfloor

Old 05-12-06, 03:31 PM
Manf. Subfloor

Question for the group. I am being offered a home for a very reasonable price. It is a 1987 manf. home (make to be determined) I know it has water damage from a leaking laundry room faucet. I don't know how far it has spread or the extent of the damage but I believe that I will have to replace at least part of the subfloor. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of work and can a do it your selfer do it? Any information would be great especially if you have any recomendations.

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-06, 04:03 PM
- Contact a mobile home or construction trailer manufacturer. They can suggest repair approaches.
- Remove the skirting to check it out from the bottom side. I found some kitchen cookware on the ground beneath a trailer where the bottom of the kitchen cabinet had dissolved, dumping the pots and pans on the ground.
- You will probably need to work from both sides of the floor. Things like insulation, HVAC ductwork as well as plumbing (for the laundry equipment) will make this more challenging.
- Get bids assuming that the whole utility area floor has to be replaced and replumbed. Is it a bargain now? You don't want to step through the rotten floor.
- A 20-year old trailer. Hmmm. I'd get a mobile home inspector to take a look at it first. There are probably some other components that are showing their age. Has the metal frame rusted below the laundry room? What shape is the roof in?