Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Game Room build 2

06-11-06, 02:50 PM   #1  
Game Room build 2

I recently posted a question on how to build a room in my new shop on 5-22-06. When talking with some friends they said it might be in my best interest to frame it out of metal, because the shop is being used to restore cars. At times there will be a lot of water flying before the cars go to the booth for painting. Any suggestions on this? I appreciate all the help before, and I was looking to go that route untill this discussion came up between a few of us. Do you think C-Channel, tubing, or fabricating my own floor for the second story i.e. "welding"????????

Sponsored Links

06-11-06, 03:01 PM   #2  
Jim, I am not an expert on this type of building. My PERSONAL thoughts are that hanging a heavy plastic sheeting would do what the metal would do, at a lower price and less work. Either way, the water has to have proper drainage or either product will suffer. Just a thought. Good luck on your project.

06-14-06, 02:45 PM   #3  
A friend of mine runs a metal yard, so cost of metal is really not an issue, There is proprer drainage on the floor to a drain, but what I'm worried about is the splashing and the mass quanities of water at one time. I was also wondering if running a "heafty" metal beam down the center would allow me to brace to it to achieve the same outcome???? Is there anyone familiar with metal framing? Not me! If not I probalby go the suggested route.

Search this Thread