Floor Bowed upward by warped joists.

Old 04-04-07, 08:52 PM
Floor Bowed upward by warped joists.

Hi folks,
I bought an older house with a newer ~15 year old addition. The floor in the addition is bowed upward in a couple of places. It's pretty noticable. I've identified a couple of joists that are twisted pretty badly and that are pushing the plywood subfloor and top flooring upward. One end of the joist is slipped into a joist hanger the other end is resting on the sill. The joists are 16" OC. There seems to be a bead of adhesive between the joist and the plywood deck. I've done a good amount of home repair in my time so I'm ready for almost anything. These bowed sections don't seem to be load bearing - there's open floor above. Can I just cut out the old joist and replace it? If so what is the best way to flatten the floor above. Weight? Or should I crank it down with allthread and 4x4 cross beams.
Thank you in advance.
Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-07, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Tim: Welcome to the forums! It may be difficult to do, but could you post a couple of pictures on a site such as photobucket.com, and give us the url, so we can see what you see. It may help in us giving you sound advice.