Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

estimated cost of adding an addition, or raising the roof for more space?

07-23-07, 04:48 PM   #1  
estimated cost of adding an addition, or raising the roof for more space?

4 bedroom 1 level ranch 3 average sized bedrooms, 1 small room that will soon be part of the dining room.

but i would like to create a really large room something that can be used as either a family room or master suite.

attic does not have enough room for me to stand completely up in (i am 5'8"). The back of the attic has a flat uniform room but the front has some valleys and such by desgn. would it be cheaper to raise the roof some how or build the addition outward?

i am very handy and i am sure i could frame out the addition myself, but i am not sure about the foundation does it have to be a complete slab, could i use footers?

what would this cost proffessionally done lets say for a 15x15 addition or to raise the roof?

Sponsored Links

MD

07-24-07, 07:26 AM   #2  
Impossible to calculate here

There are too many variables involved to come up with a price on these boards--labor costs and material costs in your specific area, lay of the land where you want the addition, actual structure of the current roof either for "raising" or tying in the addition and the list goes on and on.

Your best bet is to research reliable contractors in your specific area and have them bid on exactly what you want done. Make sure the bids received cover just what you want done so you have a true comparison.

Search this Thread