New House Noises

Old 10-22-07, 11:55 PM
New House Noises

My new house (7 months old) has a flat roof and has gone through a settling period and now all the visible wall cracks have been repaired and repainted.

However, there are noises from various locations, in particular at the corners and main wall within the bedroom masonry. I assume the noises emanate from "grinding" bricks, possibly due to the temperature differential between the inside and outside of the bed room. I am awakened several times in the night by even louder noises from
different areas in the ceiling.

Is it a structural problem caused by the stress or load factor on the foundations, beams or supporting walls, etc?

Please advise me as to the cause of the noise and
what action you suggest.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-07, 03:40 PM
Tough to say what they are without actually hearing them , what do you have for siding on the home if it is vinyl you may be hearing noise from that, if you are talking about cracking noises then thats not good you would want to look your home over for any spots that maybe sagging(there should`nt be any ) the home is new, i have heard pine beams crack in the middle of the night which is normal for them but aside from that you will have to take a look around, or perhaps have the builder come back to investigate
bigjax