In Place Roofing-Truss Modification

Old 11-03-07, 02:17 PM
In Place Roofing-Truss Modification

I've done a few searches and haven't found much. I had a few quick questions, I do not intended on taking on this endeavor myself, right now I'm just looking to find out if its possible before I even start making calls to get prices and more information.

My Problem

I have a split level with 7'4 ceilings upstairs, 8'6 downstairs and its really starting to show when it comes to cabinet placement...etc with the short ceilings. I'm in the planning stages of a remodel for the living room and kitchen space, I'd really like to modify the current fink type trusses to a tray style truss in this area of the house, were talking about modifying ten trusses. I was wondering is it possible for a truss company to come out and make plans to modify the trusses, and would it be tough to find a framer who's willing to take on a project like this?

Thanks in advance

Gabe

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-07, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by gabe24 View Post
II was wondering is it possible for a truss company to come out and make plans to modify the trusses, and would it be tough to find a framer who's willing to take on a project like this?

Thanks in advance

Gabe
Gabe,

That's what you have to do or have an Architect or Engineer come out and see what you want to do. As far as the framer, why wouldn't a framer take on this project if it's designed by a truss manufacturer, Architect or Engineer and up to code?