Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fixing a wall with a bow in it?

OH

03-22-08, 07:05 AM   #1  
fixing a wall with a bow in it?

I am going to install tile around the bathtub/shower. The long wall has a bow. The studs in the corners of the tub are pretty flush up against the tub. the three stud between them are anywhere from 1/8" to 3/8" off of the tub. Instead of trying to use plywood strips,or thin pieces of wood to level out the studs. Would it be better to just sister the studs to bring them flush with the tub? I'm concerned if I don't get these studs close to flush with the tub, then when I install the backerboard and screw it to the studs it will be wavy. Or worse crack!

Last edited by Monnster; 03-22-08 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

03-22-08, 08:44 AM   #2  
Hi Monnster,

If you type "tiling a bowed wall" in the search, (see the search button, up there where you log out?) you'll find several threads where we covered this pretty extensively.

After reading, let us know if you have another question.

Connie

OH

03-22-08, 02:19 PM   #3  
Yeah, I did the search thing. Problem is it can take forever looking through old threads for an answer. Thought someone could give me a quick suggestion.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

Search this Thread