Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Where to get an Engineer's Stamp

atiannicelli's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1

11-03-08, 01:22 PM   #1  
Where to get an Engineer's Stamp

So, I have some work that I'd like to do myself on my living room (I am making the ceiling a cathedral ceiling). I made up some 3D drawings on my computer complete with measurements and everything that I could think of. When I got to the town's building department they told me that I need drawing from an engineer with an engineer's stamp on them....

My question is...who am I looking for? Am I looking for an architect? How do I find an "engineer"?

I did some searching online for engineers, but I can't seem anything that seems to fit what i want. All I want is someone to turn my drawings into an engineer's drawing with a stamp on it. Also, how much am I looking at spending on this service?

It amazes me that I can go through the headache of reading the building code, figuring out what I need to pass the building code, design a solution, and then draw it up and the town inspectors still won't take it.


Sponsored Links
nap's Avatar
New Member

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,163

11-03-08, 01:34 PM   #2  
a structural engineer

and that message isn't long enough without additioanl words

Search this Thread