Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How to Remove Stains from Carpet

07-06-09, 03:14 AM   #1  
How to Remove Stains from Carpet

Hi there,

My three-year-old dropped blue paint on the carpet of our living room. Is there an easy way to remove the paint out of the carpet?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-06-09, 03:31 AM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! Is it latex? If so, it is water soluable. Have you kept it wet, or has it dried? I'm not trying to take Billy May's place, but Oxyclean does a great job at removing stains, even paint from carpet. I keep a container of it in my jobsite trailer, just in case one of my helpers or I make a mess not normally cleanable by water alone.

Group Moderator

WI

07-06-09, 04:05 PM   #3  
First, remove as much of the paint mechanically as possible - scoop off wet paint and gently scrape away dried paint. For cleaning the stain left behind, the type of paint determines the best solvent. If it was kid paint, it's probably water soluble.

07-10-09, 02:57 AM   #4  
the paint has already dried. it is kid paint and have also removed the dried part. and detergent to wash the carpet. but the stain is still there.

Search this Thread