photobucket or ?

Old 07-28-09, 01:55 PM
P
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
photobucket or ?

Hello
I am trying to post a photo I have on my desktop to this forum using photobucket like I used but can't.
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to get a photo from their desktop to a forum so the members can see what I am asking? One picture is worth a thousand words if it can be done.
Thank you
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/911/frameo.jpg

Last edited by peterr; 07-28-09 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 02:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Go to photobucket.com. You will probably have to register. It's free. On the main page it will have a section entitled "upload your pictures and video" and a big blue thingy that says "choose files". Once you click on that you will get a dropdown that asks you the location, so you drill down to your picture and upload it. Once it appears on your page, look just under it and you will see Email, direct link, HTML and IMG code stuff. Click on the HTML code, hit ctrl c. This will copy it. Go to Do it yourself forums, start a post and once in the box, hit ctrl v. This will paste the picture to your reply post.
Open your browser again so you can refer back to this post and do what it says on photobucket.

Old 07-28-09, 02:27 PM
P
imageshack

Hi again and sorry about the confusion.
Go to imageshack that I just posted. No sign in or anything.
Upload copy and paste.
I hope the space between the plates with wires helps explain my post - I kept it this size to illustrate the area clearly.!
Thank you

Edit:
If you click on the yellow icon above this text box and insert the link to the image it will appear in the post.
Just be carefull to not link to a large pic as it will make the screen too wide.
640 x 480 pixels makes a good view.
If you upload a pic for the forum try to select "resize image" before you upload it to Photo Bucket.

Last edited by GregH; 07-28-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add image
Old 07-29-09, 01:40 PM
Peterr, your non-English rock guy was right. You have to do something with the wires and with the top plate. You can't leave a space like that. With a small saw, cut a notch in the vertical stud on the left deep enough to handle the cable and install an "no-nail" plate over it. Cut a piece of 2x4 14 1/2" long, notching it the same way. Lay it under the broken plate with the notch out. Lay your cables in it and install a no nail plate over them. You have to protect the cables, but you must shore up your top plate at the same time.
Hope this answered your question. If not, fire it back.

Old 07-30-09, 05:34 AM
P
necessary?

Hi Chandler
I am sorry but I am confused. and could use your help.
1-the wire is only temporary to plug into now and then.
2-I am not doing anymore work in the cellar;I framed out the wall before I got sick and have stopped.
3-I do want to fix the situation for insurance and resale reasons though.

4-can we do the wire first then get to the top plate?
5-this wire is on the outside of the frame so could I just put it on top where the brown wood is, like a box for a ceiling light instead of coming through the framed part?

5-I am very interested in repairing the top plate if you can continue to explain sort of step by step. My friend can help as I cannot work much at my age and health.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 07-30-09, 01:52 PM
Peterr, I was thinking the wiring was permanent. If it is not and it can be moved to clear the way for the sheetrock, then that's fine. Can you move both cables so they are not in the way of the sheetrock? What will you do with them once they are up and out of the way? Do they serve receptacles or switches that are permanently in place?
The top plate should be continuous or at least tied together. Once the cable thing is out of the way, you can just cut a 2x4 the width of the space between the studs and either nail or screw it to the broken piece up there. It will solidify the installation. Now, if you have to run the cables back down, that is where you can chisel out a channel, place the cable(s) in and apply a no nail plate.

Old 07-31-09, 11:29 AM
P
wires and space

Glad you wrote back.
The wires have a lot of slack and I can just move the box over the top and secure it to a joist so if someone wants to sheetrock they can use it for an overhead light.
They both can be moved and are used now and then as receptacles for a drill or something. I will check and write back as the stairs are a problem.
For the space in the plate, I will fill it with a piece of 2x4 cut to fit.
It does not need to have strength or I could put a piece of 2x4 on both top and bottom to hold it together like a sandwich?
Thanx a lot

Old 08-01-09, 08:25 AM
P
wire and plate

Originally Posted by chandler
Peterr, I was thinking the wiring was permanent. If it is not and it can be moved to clear the way for the sheetrock, then that's fine. Can you move both cables so they are not in the way of the sheetrock? What will you do with them once they are up and out of the way? Do they serve receptacles or switches that are permanently in place?
The top plate should be continuous or at least tied together. Once the cable thing is out of the way, you can just cut a 2x4 the width of the space between the studs and either nail or screw it to the broken piece up there. It will solidify the installation. Now, if you have to run the cables back down, that is where you can chisel out a channel, place the cable(s) in and apply a no nail plate.

>>This is a little issue but wanted to make sure I am not violating a code so here is how I ended up.
The 2x4 top plate space I cut + filled neatly with plywood that made a nice tight fit. Then under that 2x4 area, I attached a piece of 2x4 about 16" long with 2 1/2 " screws- it is solid.
Wire, I left where it was b/c I can always move it on top if necessary. Right now I use it for the occasional tool. There is plenty of wire to move it around later. I understand it is not a violation as long as it is visible? It passed inspection when we moved in too.
If the above sounds good I will move along otherwise I don't mind making any necessary moves.
Thax for the patience

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: