Drainage mess

Old 11-21-09, 09:17 AM
Cool Drainage mess

...Ive recently resheathed my house and Ive noticed that the driveway(crushed limestone) is about 2 inches higher than the new sheathing...problem is that these are older homes and there is only 15 feet between the houses and buddy's is about 2 inches higher than mine....so all the runoff comes my way during heavy rain...not to mention the snow drifts in winter...I had to dig a 6 inch trench to get the old siding and wood off...it is ok for now but evertime it rains... the trench gets bigger....im thinking that putting the starter strip of the siding at bottom of sheathing below the grade of the drive way.. the way it was before... and then pave(we both have agreed to pave) driveway up to about 4 inches above starter strip then simply caulk where they meet at the siding...I can't put any kind of weeping tile because it is simply to low(lower then street) please any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thxxx...Beer 4U2

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-09, 01:52 PM
Install a french drain to a backyard drywell: Drainage pipe, drain tile, and fittings for a French drain installation Drywells for Landscape Drainage, how to install, drain time information
http://pwd.org/pdf/water_resources/c.../dry_wells.pdf
Install gravel to replace the earth that will rot any wood and siding within 6".
Be safe, Gary

Old 11-22-09, 05:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I agree with Gary, you've must have a way for the water to run away from your structure. Absolutely zero is the tolerance here. the french drain system is a good way to start. Hopefully you have an area for it to drain naturally without impacting another neighbor. If not, then the dry well is the best approach.