Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rotten Joist on second level

IL

01-30-10, 04:56 PM   #1  
Rotten Joist on second level

Hi! I have been in the process of redoing my master bathroom on the second level of my house. when i pulled the the insulation out from between the floor joists i noticed that most of them were rotted at the bottom of the joist at the 2x4. I dont understand how this problem can be on the upstairs. I have heard of this happening in a crawl space but never on the second level. Has anyone seem this before or know what the cause could be so I can repair it correctly? I guess I will try and sister/laminate the joists together. Another issue is I dont know how widespread this problem is, i may have to pull up more of the floor is other rooms

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

01-30-10, 05:21 PM   #2  
Any way you could post a couple of pictures for us to see. http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html is a good way to do it. That way we can see what you see. It is unusual to have second floor rotting, but if quite a bit of water damage exists, yeah, it could happen.

Search this Thread