Concrete Floor

Old 09-03-10, 03:16 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete Floor

We converted a screened-in porch to a room. It has a concrete slab floor. What type of flooring can I install on the concrete slab? What preparations do I need to install the floor? Thanks!!

Old 09-03-10, 03:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Probably the best covering would be ceramic tile. I know it is cold and hard, but it is sturdy, easy to keep clean and you can always use throw rugs for decoration and foot comfort as you don't like the feel of tile.
I am gathering this is on grade level. If you are confident of no water making its way into the room, you could always carpet it, or use laminate flooring with proper padding. Really depends on what your likes and dislikes are.

Old 09-03-10, 05:36 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I'm with Chandler - ceramic is the best choice, others would hinge on the floor staying dry

Old 09-03-10, 04:13 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fig. 2: BSI-003: Concrete Floor Problems — Building Science Information As you probably don't know if there is a vapor barrier under the floor which started as a slab, to a screened porch, to a room- without footings or stem walls, I'm guessing. Be careful of the siding matierial unless you elevated the perimeter above grade.

Gary

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: