Not so level subfloor (raised...not sagging)

Old 01-20-11, 06:02 PM
Not so level subfloor (raised...not sagging)

Hello everyone.

Just a quick question and I hope it's not been over discussed, but my problem seems to be the opposite from everything i have found from searching.

I agreed to do some work for a family member while he is away and have ran into a problem. First off, when he bought the house, the floor had a slope in the living room which is in the back of the house. It sloped from the back door to the opposite wall (closer to the front door). He attempted to level it and had to stop before he could finish and the floor is now raised in the very center and slopes down toward all four of the walls. I hope all of this makes sense.
My job was to install ceramic tile in this room but cannot do it until it is level and that is something I know absolutely nothing about.

My question is: Is there any advice you can share about how to get started? How to identify the problem. How to measure the difference in some of the uneven sections. Or even, how to find out where "level" is??

Anything helps. Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-11, 06:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Do you have access to under the floor? If so, look for modifications he made and note their locations. Do they correspond with the raised flooring?
If you would like, take some pictures of under the floor and post them on a site such as photobucket.com and http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

Search this Thread