what sticks and seals concrete and wood

Old 07-22-12, 04:28 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what sticks and seals concrete and wood

whats best
latex, polyurethane, silicone, tar, other.

I can send pics.

if other, please be specific.

pa

Old 07-22-12, 04:57 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Your question is too vague to answer specifically.

Old 07-22-12, 05:50 PM
P
when I say what im looking to do, ppl say it cant be done. Im going to do it anyway. Now i need to choose what to use. I need something that sticks very well to concrete and wood. Something that's waterproof.

Old 07-22-12, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Well...underwater is one thing....wet areas are another....w/o mechanical fasteners of some sort very few (if any) adhesives will work by themselves.

Silicone will stick to almost anything...but has very little structural strength. Construction adhesive will also stick well...but w/o mechanical fastening during curing.....not much more strength.

We don't judge (too much) here...but if many people have said it won't work....maybe it won't.

Give us a try.

Old 07-22-12, 06:34 PM
P
garage floor and inside wall. when water gets in garage it goes to this wall and soaks thru. Ive already fixed the leaking into garage, so all should be ok. However, id like a second barrier, just in case. So, id like to seal up the wall trim where it sits on garage concrete floor. Its in a place where i cant clean were well. Ive scraped the floor as much as possible.

p

Old 07-22-12, 07:11 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
I'd apply a heavy bead of silicone at the floor/wall junction. Most important, though, is to squeegee out any water which gets in, since you appear to have a pitch problem in the slab.

Old 07-23-12, 04:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You could also install concrete backer underlayment 6" high on the wall and install 6" ceramic tile around the edge of the garage, sealing the seam at the bottom with silicone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: