Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

metal studs

IL

11-06-12, 06:39 AM   #1  
metal studs

hello. im new here and im a small contractor in my area. i am bidding on a pretty big job and it involves metal framing. now i have installed metal studs quite a few times but have never bid on it. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

11-06-12, 01:22 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! You gotta figure in materials,labor, and overhead. That's about it. In a nutshell it would be impossible for us to estimate what your area could stand as far as construction costs go. Metal studs, if you are experienced at it, can go mucho faster than wooden studs. Now, that is not to say there won't be any wooden structural parts that you need to be aware of. I like to back my door and window framing studs, plan for wall hangings such as TV's, etc with solid wood. If you have blueprints of the job, you just have to sit down and figure what it is going to take material wise, and that can be cumbersome.

Temporarily Suspended

NY

11-09-12, 01:45 PM   #3  
I calculate the labor first. I start with how many days it will take me. Let's say I'm working alone & the job will take me 10 days. If I want $300 a day, in my pocket, that's $3,000 labor. If I'm going to hire help, add the 10 days at the helper's rate to the $3,000. That covers labor.

Then go to your materials. Calculate the studs, sheet rock, screws, compound, etc.....by floor & wall square footage. There are sites on the net to help calculate construction costs. Be careful on both the labor & material calculations.

Search this Thread