Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

LG washer shaking framing

OH

12-06-13, 10:05 PM   #1  
LG washer shaking framing

Hello all!

I have a father who doesn't seem to understand the negative effects that a vigorously-vibrating washer can have on a home's structural integrity.

This washer has been shaking our house for nearly 7 years and he has yet to contact a contractor in order to install the things needed to accommodate a washer and dryer in the basement of our ranch.

Roughly, how much would it costs to run new lines for a washer/dryer? (Kudos if you can answer this).

However, I would like you to list some negative, structural effects that can occur subsequent to a house vibrating for many years.

I will then relay this information to him so that he can seriously consider doing something about it.

Sponsored Links

SC

12-06-13, 11:50 PM   #2  
What about using washer anti-vibration pads? They are relatively inexpensive. I'd search for the ones with the best reviews.

Temporarily Suspended

NY

12-07-13, 06:54 PM   #3  
It sounds like there is a problem with the machine itself. Why do you think that running new 'lines' will help? Exactly, what lines do you want to change?

Forum Topic Moderator

NC

12-08-13, 09:03 AM   #4  
Just saw this I level washer all the time, LG are one of the smoothies washer there are usually. The way I do it is first make sure all 4 legs are solid on floor (almost all adjustments can be made from 1 front leg, I always use the easiest leg to reach. Next put about 4 towels in washer and get them wet.Put washer into spin and wait until it gets to high spin, turn leg in 1/2 turn at a time. If shakes more you are going in wrong way. Let is know how you come out.

SC

12-09-13, 06:10 AM   #5  
I think this is a really great tip pugsi!

OH

12-10-13, 01:41 PM   #6  
I don't mean running lines on the same floor. I meant running lines in the basement so it can be moved to the basement.

Temporarily Suspended

NY

12-10-13, 01:45 PM   #7  
If the problem is in the machines, itself, moving it won't solve it. You have to determine the cause first.

OH

12-10-13, 01:47 PM   #8  
Additionally, everyone, I contacted LG and they even said that they recommend their washer, despite it's "low vibration nature," to be placed on a solid concrete surface (basement).

In fact, here is the actual e-mail:

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics ,we will be glad to assist with your inquiry.

We do apologize for the inconveniences this must be representing for you, our washers actually are known for minimized vibration , you should have in mind though that it requires certain installation checks:
The unit should be on the first floor of your house
The unit should be on concrete floor
The unit should be properly leveled
Shipping bolts from the back and all packaging material must have been removed
If failure occurs to fulfill any of the previously mentioned vibration may happen.

If you ever have any other questions, doubts or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience.

WA

12-10-13, 02:04 PM   #9  
It's your father's house. I think he gets the last say.

Temporarily Suspended

NY

12-10-13, 03:55 PM   #10  
That's a wonderful email but you still didn't determine the actual cause of the problem. Why is the drum off center? It's either an internal problem or an external problem. If it's internal, moving the machine won't help. I can't say it any other way.

Search this Thread