Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weight convern generated by wall mounted radiator

MN

01-06-14, 10:24 AM   #1  
Weight convern generated by wall mounted radiator

I am considering installing a cast iron style steel radiator in the basement of my 1930 home. The radiator weights 60lbs (empty) dimensions are 23.6 inches high, 31 inches wide and 5 inches deep. It has 3 columns but I don't know how many gallons of water it holds or then the total weight of the radiator when full of water. I would like to install the radiator on the wall where it would be attached to two 2x6 studs that are load bearing. Should I be concerned about the weight on those two studs over time? The studs makeup a portion of a 20foot long load bearing wall studs are covered with plaster and lath.

Sponsored Links
Super Moderator

NJ

01-06-14, 11:01 AM   #2  
Moved post to carpentry... You'll get better help here............

Mike NJ

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".

- Albert Einstein

Group Moderator

NC

01-06-14, 12:52 PM   #3  
I don't think it would be any worse than wall mounting a large TV or flat screen which is often done to 2x4 framed walls. You've got the benefit of 2x6 which will allow you to easily use nice, long screws.

Search this Thread