Adding a floor to an already built shed

Old 06-20-14, 03:30 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a floor to an already built shed

Hello,

I just purchased a house and am slowly fixing things up. In the back yard there is a shed that currently has a dirt floor that i want to make into a shop for myself. I plan on building a wood frame floor with pressure treated lumber and using concrete deck blocks. I've been doing some research will be adding moisture barrier and digging out some of the dirt to have the floor be at least a few inches off the ground. I also want to add some plywood to cover up the beams in the walls.
so my questions are, do i build the frame outside the shed and carry it inside, or do i build it where it will lay? should i put the plywood boards up for the walls before the floor goes in and fit the floor between the walls or put the floor flush with the beams and then cut the boards to fit on top of the floor? should i use nails or screws for the floor framing work, which will be more durable and hold better? I was leaning towards screws but after watching a video or two everyone is using nails for framing, not sure if thats because its quicker or more durable...
I'm not sure if any of this stuff even matters, but I just want to make sure I do this right the first time. I'm not a beginner when it comes to DIY stuff but I have never built a floor or done any framing.
Thanks for any and all help/info!

Old 06-20-14, 04:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of this shed so we can get a grip on what you are facing? It may help us to give better advice. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 06-20-14, 05:38 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Is the shed supported by posts in the ground?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: