Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Framing, Flooring and Sub-Flooring
Reload this Page >

How to replace rotten OSB subfloor under Patio Door

Old 01-17-15, 07:17 PM

Hi all. I'm new to this site and am hopeful someone can give me an easy way to go about dealing with this. While prepping for A hardwood flooring install I found an old water leak and so I've removed some of the flooring but am now stumped. It's winter here so wondering if there's an easy way to replace the piece of OSB running underneath the door sill? I tried to attach a picture but I kept getting an error. Anyways, I'm open to any ideas!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-15, 08:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In most cases this is caused from two things.
The way the door was installed and something going on outside like, stoop, step, patio installed to close the threshold, support under the threshold is sticking out to far.
Ideally the door should have been install sitting in a sill pan, or at least been properly flashed.
At least 99% of the sliders I see where installed wrong.
Google "jam sill" to see what one looks like.
Home Depot has started stocking sill pans.
To fix this right the door needs to come out, a Toe Kick saw is the right tool to make the cuts tight to the walls and jambs.
Northern Tool, Harbor Freight sells a cheap one or Home Depot rents them.
It can also be done with a sawsall with a short wide, coursed tooth blade held at a steep angle but it's far harder to do it.

Old 01-17-15, 08:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When you do figure out how to post a picture, we need one outside to see what's causing it, we all know what a rotted floor from a door looks like from the inside.

Old 01-18-15, 03:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums riciea! .. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html