Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need A help for uneven subfloor.

CANADA

04-21-15, 06:31 AM   #1  
Uneven subfloor & Stairs surrounding.

I am installing the hardwood and have problem with subfloor and stairs surrounding. Attached is the image. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Attached Images

Last edited by barodatiger; 04-21-15 at 07:13 AM.

Sponsored Links

CANADA

04-21-15, 12:35 PM   #2  
I am not certain I understand the problem here. I see in your first three pics that you piece of hardwood is higher than your current hardwood. Does your subfloor have a lip there that is causing the difference in height? The height looks like it matches up good to the stair trim.

VA

04-21-15, 01:33 PM   #3  
Somethings way off here, A properly installed landing tread would be sitting on top of the subfloor and be 3/4" in height and should match up with the 3/4" prefinished flooring your trying to install.
That piece under the ballister should have been sitting flat on the subfloor also.

Forum Topic Moderator

VA

04-21-15, 01:57 PM   #4  
If the floor you are going to install is thicker than the other wood (see last picture) how can it be a subfloor issue? The stair moulding is floating above the subfloor and your flooring is flat to the subfloor and yet it still is thicker.

CANADA

04-21-15, 02:14 PM   #5  
I assumed that piece in the foreground was a piece already installed of the new flooring. Is that the case, or are you trying to match up to an existing floor?

Search this Thread