Is this wall load bearing?

Old 02-18-21, 09:58 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Is this wall load bearing?

I realize I'm asking a loaded question (pun intended), but I'm about 90% certain on this and could use some help getting over the finish line.

When you enter the house from the garage, the little mudroom area has a closet that is not being utilized. We're going to rip out the wall and put in a big bench/cabinet setup. I pulled down the drywall and before I actually rip the studs out wanted to source feedback.

The first pic is somewhat deceiving - it's actually a view of the closet from the back. The wall with the PEX tubing is the back of the closet and nothing is happening to that one. The wall I'm talking about is behind this one. If you look at the black electrical box in the bottom center of the image, you can see the bottom plate of the wall to be removed in the background. You can follow it from there.

In the second picture, this is a view of the front of the old closet with the drywall removed. The concern I had at first was that there were 2 top plates there, but we have 9' ceilings and it seems like that is pretty standard framing for that height.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-18-21, 10:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts
It's very unlikely that the wall in your bottom photo bearing. But the wall with the pex is.

Old 02-20-21, 09:34 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much, appreciate it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: