Microfiber couch

Old 06-09-12, 06:36 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Microfiber couch

I'm pretty close to getting a light tan terry cloth material microfiber couch. I heard cleaning them is fairly easy. I'm not sure how stains etc. are going to turn out. I'm hoping to avoid them of course....Does anyone have one of these? Just wanted some opinions.

Old 06-11-12, 05:52 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,292 Upvotes on 1,229 Posts
Microfiber is polyester so it is fairly stain resistant and easy to clean. However, since it's plastic, you can't use any petroleum based solvents on it since they may dissolve it.

Old 06-12-12, 07:12 PM
Okay, have you ever had to clean one? I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can about them.

Old 07-18-12, 08:19 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The quality of microfibers in upholstery can vary quite a bit. Most of the imported microfibers has a knit backing, this holds the fibers together. Usually the thicker the better; meaning actual thickness and tightness. Try to get a sample. The real microfiber that has the name brand Ultrsuede is a true microfiber and doesnt have the knit backing.
One of the best spot cleaners for upholstery is C60 by Sprayway. And I have used in on the better quality microfibers for spot cleaning. But ALWAYS do a spot test first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: