How can I make my dresser level?

Old 08-19-12, 12:50 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How can I make my dresser level?

Apparently the floor in my bedroom is not level and is causing my newly acquired antique dresser to lean forward a bit. What can I do to make the dresser level (since I can't make the floor level)? I tried different caster cups hoping that would help, and while it did help somewhat, it just wasn't enough. The dresser has wooden wheels on it and I'm not sure I want to replace them just to make the dresser level. Are there any alternatives? If my measurements are correct, the front needs to be raised 1/4" and that's with the caster cups already in place.

Old 08-19-12, 01:29 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 10 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Using the caster cups, you may can cut small squares of 1/4" luan plywood and slip under the cups, giving you the 1/4" you need. Cut several in case you need more.

Old 08-19-12, 05:25 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,272 Upvotes on 2,024 Posts
Like Chandler mentioned just add other "stuff" to build up to the height you need. If you don't have scraps of luan lying around you can use almost anything found around the house. You can cut pieces from a paint stirrer, vinyl tile, paneling or an old hardback book's cover. If it's annoying trying to keep your spacers underneath the cups you can use pieces of double sided tape to stick them together.

Old 08-19-12, 10:48 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,281 Upvotes on 1,219 Posts
Carpet in the room? I find most things butted up against a wall in carpeted rooms lean a little forward, I've always blamed the tack strips for the carpet for allowing less compression than the carpet alone.

Depends on how high you need to go but I like Chandler's luan suggestion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: