Help with glass top for wrought iron table

Old 09-26-13, 09:14 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with glass top for wrought iron table

I have an antique wrought iron kitchen table that has a glass table top that fits into an inset. The way the table is designed food gets into these grooves. I would like to buy a larger piece of glass that would extend over the edges of the table to prevent this problem but am unsure of how I would stabilize/attach it.
Old 09-26-13, 09:21 AM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 550
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Have you considered filling the groove with some type of clear caulking? Maybe silicone but there may be others that are more transparent.
Old 09-26-13, 09:32 AM
Shadeladie's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PA - USA
Posts: 4,831
Received 366 Upvotes on 295 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Another thought would be to throw a tablecloth over it when you eat.
Old 09-26-13, 10:40 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,021
Received 1,231 Upvotes on 1,179 Posts
Glass is heavy enough that large pieces tend not to need a lot of stabilization but it would concern me to put this on top instead of inside as the support may no longer be adequate.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: