Determining brand of parquet coffee table

Old 03-29-18, 08:46 AM
Determining brand of parquet coffee table

I just acquired this coffee table and can't completely read the brand markings. I am hoping someone knows what company made the table. Based off of style I would assume the table is from the 1980s

Name:  WIN_20180329_110236.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  parq.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  53.1 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-29-18 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added 2nd enhanced picture
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-18, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Your pic is just a black box.

Old 03-29-18, 11:00 AM
Group Moderator
The only word I can read is underlayment. That would identify the type of wood used as a base but not the table manufacturer.

Old 03-29-18, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately, with furniture, I have found that more often than not the only thing you can do is visit some local furniture stores, pictures in hand, and see if someone there might be able to help you. And "local" for something like this might cover a fair amount of geography because they can be pretty spread out. Looking at the piece as a whole you probably have some idea of "low end", "mid-range", or "high end", and that might give you an idea of which stores are most or least likely to have carried it. Another unfortunate thing though is that styles change often, and it seems to me that there has always been a fair amount of turnover of employees in that business, a lot of them still in the same line of business, but at a different store, so the odds of finding it this way are not necessarily the best, although it's probably your best bet.