Protective Furniture Coating

Old 11-07-18, 06:48 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Protective Furniture Coating

This question isn't exactly about refurbishing furniture but rather how to protect new furniture.

I am looking into buying a new furniture set and have found one that comes with everything I need (entertainment center, coffee table, dining table, dining chairs, etc) and have read through the reviews and everyone loves the set. The only complaint (which came from a few different people) is that the furniture can easily he scratched (especially the dining room table top).

So I wondered if there is some sort of protective coating I could buy and paint or spray on the furniture.
The set is made from "wood, veneers and engineered wood".

Thank you!!
Old 11-07-18, 07:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 48,250
Received 430 Votes on 384 Posts
Welcome to the forums! ,,,,IMO wax would be your best bet.
Old 11-07-18, 08:10 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 25,587
Received 971 Votes on 892 Posts
I don't know of anything that can protect the wood of your furniture from scratches. The table top can be covered with a table cloth and place mats. If it's a rectangle you could have a piece of glass cut to cover top. I would use tempered glass for strength and safety but it's not going to be cheap.
Old 11-07-18, 08:31 AM
Marq1's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: USA MI
Posts: 7,525
Received 537 Votes on 497 Posts
The set is made from "wood, veneers and engineered wood".
Anything with that description is going to be cheap particle board with veneer covering, not something that is really made to stand the test of time!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: