What are these things called???

Old 02-24-19, 07:15 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What are these things called???

I've got a set of metal framed mid-century dining room chairs that are in good shape over all. The problem is that over the past two decades of moves, I've lost a few of the brass-ish metal top caps that go on top of the metal tubular frame that give it a finished look. I can't seem to find them anywhere - mostly because I don't know what they're called! All I seem to find are the feet. Mine are just stamped sheet metal caps that taper a tiny bit and have a slot cut in the side of them to accommodate one of the screws that attach the back of the chair to the frame. Does anybody know where I can find replacements? I'd be happy with a matched set - they need not be real brass (mine certainly aren't!) and they don't need to match what I have, and I'd gladly grind a slot in the side of whatever fits.

Image attached.
Attached Images  
Old 02-25-19, 05:32 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 12,206
Received 241 Upvotes on 194 Posts
FWIW, I did some surfing for them with no luck so far other than to attach a possible name - ferrule.
Old 02-25-19, 05:32 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 10,945
Received 715 Upvotes on 636 Posts
You won't find that as a replacement part. That would be a manufactures OEM part. You might try a place ROCKLER.COM, maybe a hobby shop.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: