Help with Rocker Recliner squeaks and clunking sounds.

Old 04-30-20, 10:32 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with Rocker Recliner squeaks and clunking sounds.

Hey all,

Was wondering if any one here has any ideas about my rocker recliner making annoying sounds. I bought this chair about 12 years ago, still in very good shape, but recently only when rocking it started to make this clunking/clanging sound and around the same time started to squeak when rocking. My chair looks very much like the one in the pic with a longer arm for reclining.

The squeaking sound seems to only happen when I am seated in a more forward position(not totally rested back in the chair) for gaming on my laptop, and rocking the chair.

The clunking sound I haven't been able to really isolate, it comes and goes.

I have oiled it 3 times now, with WD40, then a Graphite Spray, and most recently 3 in 1 oil to all the areas I can think of when rocking. Oiled with the chair upside down and right side up and it never seems to get rid of the squeaking. Either I am missing the affected area or it is time to replace the rocking/reclining mechanism.

The reclining seems to be working fine, which I don't use much anyways.

My question is, am I greasing the chair right? Or is it really time for a new mechanism? If so, how do I know the right mechanism to get?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links