What is this lock called and how do I find a replacement

Old 07-11-21, 10:23 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is this lock called and how do I find a replacement

Hello! I snagged a free armoire off VarageSale and have been working on making it something useable. This lock was on the right door and I’d like to replace it, but my research has only revealed that locks are more complicated than I ever imagined and apparently I know nothing them. 🤪 Can anyone show me what I need to replace this lock, with either a picture or link? This is my first post here, but I’m so excited to find this community as I learn long the way! TIA!

Old 07-11-21, 10:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What is this lock and how do I find a replacement?

Hi! I’m new to the site and super-excited to have found it. I love learning along the way as I piddle with projects. Currently, I am repurposing an armoire I got for free off VarageSale. It had this lock which I need to replace. Apparently, locks are much more involved than I was aware and my knowledge of this is pretty much...nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction, with a pic or link, to what kind of lock I need to replace this one? I didn’t know how to measure, so I just measured the plate (I think - the outside part) and it is 2”x2 1/2”. This lock was on the right door of the armoire and there is a keyhole on the left door.
Thank you for any help provided!

Last edited by PJmax; 07-12-21 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Threads combined
Old 07-12-21, 12:13 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

We allow one thread per topic. I joined your two threads in this forum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: