Need a new chair for two!

Old 11-25-22, 04:18 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need a new chair for two!

My cat Buddy has decided that if I'm going to ignore him for any amount of time while on the PC he must sit with me (supervisor?), but he abhors sitting on my lap. So I need a new chair that is big enough for us both. I'd guesstimate at least 29" wide seat. Hopefully a 30" tall back. Padding would be a definite plus, but I can do my own.

I have occasionally seen wide-seat high-backed chairs like that in Goodwill and antique shops in the past, but I'm hoping to just buy something online, and save the shoe-leather. Problem being I have no idea what style of chair this is called, so no idea what to look for on Google Shopping. Thought it was called 'throne chair' but guess not (too fancy, too tall a back, and too pricey.) Anyone know what this sort of chair is called?

Old 11-25-22, 05:53 PM
C
Received 86 Upvotes on 68 Posts
A search for chair and a half desk chair should get you started. Also called bariatric desk chair.

csin217 voted this post useful.
Old 12-04-22, 02:31 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, none of these bariatric chairs have a high back. The desk versions are mostly on the tripod-like gizmo that always seems to break. The only ones with a wide seat and high enough back to provide neck support are the recliner versions, which I don't like. I'd show a link to one similar to what I'm looking for but apparently...I can't.

Old 12-04-22, 09:13 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
Does your cat like to sit on "things" like a sheet of paper or rag. I call them cat traps. If you want to create a place for your cat try laying out a small rag or folded towel. If it's one you've been using even better since it will have your scent. You could put the cat trap on the desk next to your keyboard or on a stool or chair next to yours.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: