Does Ready Strip Paint Varnish REmover work??

Old 12-09-03, 11:45 PM
laura777
Visiting Guest
Does Ready Strip Paint Varnish REmover work??

Hey , Does anyone have any expierience with using Ready Strip paint and varnish remover ???? It is put out by BAck to Nature ..

After working with the harsh chemicals I would love to use something like this , but would like to know if it works well ..

Any input will be appreciated , thanks for your time , laura

Old 12-10-03, 04:26 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have used some of the benign strippers, such as: Safe Strip by 3M. They work, but are much slower to work.

Old 12-10-03, 01:20 PM
phantom1874
Visiting Guest
I would say to purchase the smallest container that is available,and try it.You can always buy more,if it works.Read the directions.Most strippers,that I have used work best at a temperature of 70 to 80 degrees.Your work area should also be at 70 to 80 degrees.I have tried most new strippers and haven't found any that compare to my present stripper.It also depends on the finish that your trying to remove.Newer finishes do not strip as easy as the old ones.These new strippers will work on some finishes,but like Chris said,a lot slower.Some times in a pinch,when I am out of stripper I will the use folowing guide....
Denatured Alcohol will dissolve Shellac.Lacquer Thinner will dissolve most Lacquers.50% Denatured Alcohol with 50% Lacquer Thinner will dissolve most Varnishes.Plus...keep in mind that any stripper you use is not designed to remove a build up of grime,dirt, wax,or silicon. These issues should be addressed before you apply your stripper,or you may be working a lot harder.Also it sometimes helps to score the surface lightly to give the stripper something to grab hold of,like a light sanding.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: