repair small spot in catalyzed conversion varnish topcoat?

Old 02-06-04, 04:23 PM
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
repair small spot in catalyzed conversion varnish topcoat?

My son let a couple of drops of super glue get on my beautiful dining room table. I don't think he will make that mistake again, but that is another matter. I had to use some fine sandpaper to remove the bonded glue. It's smooth now, but of course the finish is gone. It's a small area - no more than a square inch, and the finish is natural maple, so it's not terribly noticeable unless you look for it. but I am concerned about the finish being gone, and I want to fix it. There is practically no change in the color - the area might be barely a shade lighter.
I called the manufacturer of the furniture, and they told me that sanding was the correct thing to do, and then to use any product that would be compliant with the existing finish - which they said is a "catalyzed conversion varnish topcoat". They said that I should be able to get such a product at Home Depot, or somewhere similar. Anyone know the name of what I should look for at my local HD or Lowes?

Old 02-07-04, 07:15 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It might be worth talking to the manufacturer again to get a suggestion about what might be compatible with the original finish.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: