Interior window wood refinishing

Old 07-08-04, 05:43 AM
mike123333
Visiting Guest
Interior window wood refinishing

I some anderson windows that I need to refinish on the interior. The exterior is PVC. I need to remove some water stin (black spots). I have read some information about using oxalic acid.

Is there any other ways of removing the water stain with cehmicals I can get from local places such as hD, lowes, sherwin williams.

What procedures would I need to follow.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 07-09-04, 10:37 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can remove the interior stains to some extent with oxalic acid. Apply the oxalic acid in a solution of water to the stain and let sit for a few minutes to see if lightening occurs. Repeat as needed. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the acid when finished as the vehicle will evaporate leaving the powder which can recombine with water to become active again; and the powder will activate upon contact with mucus membranes in the body. It will not damage intact skin.

Usually, oxalic acid can be bought from hardware stores or wood refinishing supply stores or by mail order for wood supply houses. Mix it into warm water to form a super saturated solution for use. Old plastic jars with plastic tops are excellent containers as the plastic will not react with the acid.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: