painted wood floor issue

Old 07-31-04, 06:37 PM
miglarsh
Visiting Guest
painted wood floor issue

I am remodeling the master bedroom of my home which is approx 200 yrs old. I ripped up the carpet and plywood underlayment to find some very interesting original planked wood flooring. I realized that the previous occupants must have had an area rug and painted around the rug (about 2 feet along all walls) I sanded the floor with a belt sander and was able to remove most of the visible paint and intend to remove the rest with an orbital sander, but it seems that the paint has left what looks like a sun tan line. So eventhough I got rid of the actual paint there is still a darkened area around the perimeter of the room. I was wondering if a stain would even this out or make it worse. If someone could recommend some sort of product that evens out this sort of problem that would be wonderful because the floor has great potential. Please help I would love any type of insight.
Thanks

Old 08-11-04, 08:49 AM
Furniturebldr
Visiting Guest
Instead of wasting your time, money and hard work on sanding it yourself, I would highly recommend you call in a professional to at least sand the floor out for you. By using their power sanders, they'll be able to get out the marks bleached by the sun.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: