Footprints in stained maple floors.

Old 02-03-05, 07:26 AM
marlin
Visiting Guest
Footprints in stained maple floors.

A rookie mistake...

I am refinishing my maple floors and went through the process of sanding and screening the floors. We decided to stain the floors with Varathane Traditional Cherry for a little color. I first applied the reccommended wood conditioner before applying the stain.

However at one point, I walked on the floor with only socks on after the wood conditioner had dried. So when I applied the stain, I discovered what I had done. I now have four distinct size 11 footprints in the stained floors!

Is there anyway to remove the footprints, or blend them in a little?

I was thinking I could have my wife and I make more footprints in the the form of "Salsa" dance steps? Thought it might make for a good conversational piece???

Old 02-03-05, 09:01 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You might try a cloth dampened with mineral spirits to see if you can blend the footprints in somewhat. You may wind up having to blend the entire floor, if this works.

Old 02-04-05, 07:01 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Back off until it's right before applying finish. You still have time to make corrections. Please read stain an finish directions. Note that these will vary based on temperature and humidity conditions.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: