Q's re: home stairway

Old 03-14-05, 08:31 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Q's re: home stairway

we currently square top newels in our "new" home. http://************/4uwpw I would like to replace the "ball" rails with curved ones like in the other picture. I have seen the materials at Home Depot but can anyone tell me how I do this? Thanks! I would also like to stain the bannister and posts a walnut color what is the best stain to use for this? Thanks!!!
Old 03-15-05, 06:14 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have square top newel posts and want to replace the ball rails. From looking at the website for your staircase, I would recommend talking to the original installer. It seems that the newel posts are one piece.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: