Filling wood

Old 04-03-05, 12:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Filling wood

I just took out dry rot from wood, what should i fill hole with?
Old 04-03-05, 08:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,499
Received 800 Upvotes on 703 Posts
Best bet is to replace the wood [even if only a section] They make some epoxy patching compound just for this but I'm not familiar with them. If replacing a section make sure all the rot is removed, paint if necessarry then install patch peice with caulking and nails.
Old 04-04-05, 02:47 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I prefer to replace the wood, too. You can use Rock Hard putty, epoxy products, or bondo to fill and repair the void. Follow the directions on mixing and filling. The rock hard putty is quite difficult to sand if it is too thick.

Be sure to take care of the water problem that caused this damage in the first place.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: