Rust stains on my oak table-please help!

Old 06-27-05, 12:22 PM
Laurieyyz
Visiting Guest
Rust stains on my oak table-please help!

During a recent painting project in another room, I placed my stereo receiver on my brand new oak table. When I picked it up, there were 4 rings that look like rust that has stained the tabletop! It looks like maybe the fasteners that hold the feet on the bottom of the reciever may have gotten a little condensation and turned the rust into liquid. I don't know how to correct/remove these stains. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! My husband will 'vapor lock' if I have to have this table refinished LOL. Please Help...

Old 06-28-05, 05:19 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
On many discolorations of this type I have had success using Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover - available from many automotive shops.

This product contains a mild abrasive combined with wax. Just follow the directions on the can. You'll have to do the entire table top to even out the sheen and more than one application may be needed, but this should do the job.

Old 06-28-05, 05:21 AM
Laurieyyz
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by George
On many discolorations of this type I have had success using Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover - available from many automotive shops.

This product contains a mild abrasive combined with wax. Just follow the directions on the can. You'll have to do the entire table top to even out the sheen and more than one application may be needed, but this should do the job.
Thank you very much! I will try this method.

Old 06-28-05, 07:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you have even had rust stains on your white t-shirts, then you may know that lemon juice, (real or manmade) makes it disappear completely like magic. With that in mind, perhaps you could first rub a drop of lemon juice on the stain to remove the rust before polishing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: