Laminate quarter round End of run cuts???

Old 10-04-05, 01:31 PM
JeffMO
Visiting Guest
Question Laminate quarter round End of run cuts???

I am puttiing on laminate quarter round on my baseboards due to not being able to drop my base down to floor height because of paint lines.
I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what they did about end of run cuts, if you miter them like you would regular wood you can see the inside if this (plastic i guess) which is a white color.
If I dont make a miter cut they will stick out pretty good around all my doors, is there a patch kit or stickers available,like the ones you get with a laminate piece of furniture like a entertainment center or is there any other way that i dont see that you can cut your end of run.

Help Please,
Jeff

Old 10-04-05, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,958 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
If you want to hide the interior of the trim because it's white, make a return. Cut it at a 45 degree angle, then put another tiny piece on a 45 and return it into the baseboard, as if you were turning a corner with it.

If you don't want the return to be a square corner, rather than cutting the miter at a 45, cut both miters at a 22.5, then cut the end of the return at a 45. Here's a link to an illustration, to help you visualize it: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/thexsleeper/detail?.dir=4b29&.dnm=38a6.jpg

Normally, one would bob the end at a 45 (dogeared) or miter it at a 45. But if you did that, you'd have to touch up the end with some color of paint that would match close enough that it wouldn't be noticable.

Last edited by XSleeper; 10-04-05 at 07:17 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: