refinishing furniture

Old 05-02-06, 03:54 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
refinishing furniture

i am wanting to refinsh a kitchen table and some bedroom furniture black. My thinking is that i would not have to completely strip the furniture down, but just sand it enough for the paint to stick. is my thinking correct? Also, what type of product should be used on the Kitchen table? i have seen brand new black tables that did not have the laquer shine to it. This is the look i am going for, but i am not sure what type of product to use to get this look and also protect it from water.

Old 05-03-06, 05:50 AM
You're correct in that you don't need to strip the table. Sand, prime, and paint.

Check with a paint dealer (not the paint department in a box store) such as Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams. They'll be able to guide you in the selection of materials to achieve the durable finish you want.

Old 05-03-06, 08:09 AM
S
thank you very much.

Season

Old 05-11-06, 05:09 PM
S
syd
Question I want to do the same thing!

I also want to refinish some furniture, kitchen table and chairs black. but want the matte finish.
when u say primer, what would you recommend?
I've used Gripper in the past.
my table is just an inexpensive beachwood with a gloss finish.

Old 05-12-06, 04:59 AM
If it's worked in the past, no need to change. Talk with a paint dealer about the finish coat - that may help determine exactly what primer you need.

Old 05-12-06, 07:08 AM
S
syd
Question matte black

thanks i am going up to Hd, lowes and sherwin williams. I love the matte black finish on the Broyhill Attic heirloom furniture. it looks like there is no top coat at all which can't be true its a diningroom table.
i wish i knew what brand of paint to get to achieve this and brand of clear coat that is very matte??????

anyone?????

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: