I know just do that! Oh yeah, I did.

Old 07-24-06, 12:06 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I know I just didn't do that! Oh yeah, I did.

I am refinishing my floors and have gone through the proper steps of sanding and putting in the wood fillers. This is my dilema I decided to stain the floors with MinWax Concord Maple. So, how could I possible mess this up? Let me tell you. I used a lambwool applicator, you know the one that's used to apply polyurethane. I left after stained the floors, so I don't know the extent of the damage. I know there will be some sort of build up of lint or clogage of some sort.

Can anyone let me know what I can expect and what I can do to fix it. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by Picillo; 07-24-06 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Title did not make any sense.
Old 07-24-06, 04:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 869 Upvotes on 760 Posts
Welcome to the forums

What did the floors look like when you finished staining?

I have used the lambswool pads to apply stain before, not on floors but on a slick surface. Whenever you apply stain [with any method] you want to be sure that it is applied evenly and that all excess stain is wiped up.

It is difficult to fix a messed up stain job [not saying yours is]. Lint can probably be swept up or maybe just barely hit with sandpaper. If there are puddles of stain they will be a lot harder to fix. You can wipe them with a thinner rag but often the thinner will soften the stain too much and it winds up being too light.

Let us know how the stain turned out and hopefully we can help you better, if needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: