Water Stain on Wood Paneling

Old 12-08-06, 05:29 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Water Stain on Wood Paneling

Hello All,

I was wondering if there was a way to remove an old water stain (due to a plumbing leak some years ago) on one portion of my wood paneled wall ?

The entire room is wood paneled with this same design and I don't have access to any more panels as it was done by a previous owner. Since this is just one small area (about 1' x 1' ) I am not sure how to deal with it. If I try to cut out that portion, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find any paneling that will match that section.

I was just wondering if anyone out there ever have to repair or patch paneling like this? If you don't have any more paneling, what do you do ?

Thanks very much for any and all advice!

- Barb

Old 12-08-06, 05:34 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Perhaps an option is to cut out the desired patch from an inconspicuous area such as in a closet or behind a piece of furniture. If stain is old and dark on solid wood, it is not likely that you will be able to completely remove the stain, even with wood bleach, and refinish to match the rest of the paneling. Another option may be to simply place something in front of the spot to hide it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: