restorz-it?????

Old 01-02-07, 08:56 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
restorz-it?????

has anyone used this product and is it worth it to buy??

Old 03-26-07, 07:29 AM
L
Smile Restorz-It

I used this product this weekend. I was skeptical since everything I buy on TV or net is usually useless. To my great surprise, this product was wonderful. My kitchen cabinets were in really rough shape and I was debating on whether or not to replace them and then I read on line about this product. I figured I had nothing to lose but $59.99 so I gave it a shot.

Well, this is a mircle product, my cabinets look brand new. I changed the hardware after using Restorz-It and I swear they are brand new. I just did them this weekend so I'm curious on how long they will look this good - but so far I love the product.

Old 01-19-09, 08:06 PM
T
Restorz-it really worked well for me

About 8 months ago I successfullty "refinished" my kitchen cabinets with the medium color version of Restorz-it. My wife, who wanted a full set of new kitchen cabinets actually has ended up quite pleased with the process.

I think the key for me was to thoroughly saturate and then scrub every door and cabinet face surface with a solution of Restorz-it cabinet cleaner in water with a dish rag. The dirty water in the pail told me that I had started the process well. After 24 hours, I wiped on the Restorz-it material using a soft sock as recommended leaving a bright glossy surface. After about 3 days TOTAL of drying/curing time (eliminates all tackiness) the cabinets really looked great (sort of like Scotts Liquid Gold immediately after use). While they have stayed the same all this time, I just applied a MUCH THINNER second coat this weekend. They look better than ever now. This time everything was dry to the touch in less than 24 hours.

I'm guessing that the product is some version of Tung (or equivalent) hard-curing oil carried in mineral spirits rather than a varnish or acrylic finish. I'd wager that the thinner second coat "cured into/polymerized with" that first coat.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product!

Old 02-16-09, 09:55 AM
J
Red face Color choices

I am torn as to what color to get. I have oak cabinets and a kitchen table that have an orange/yellow/light brown. I am guessing maybe medium would do it, but I don't want it to turn out as brown as some maple furniture.

Old 02-27-09, 09:41 PM
T
jj,
Recognize that in the places where the original finish of the cabinets is continuous and in good shape the minimal amount of stain/color in Restorz-It has negligible coloring effect. It is only where the cabinets are scratched or scraped in some way that the product adds much color to the original finish. The medium that I used is actually close to my original oak cabinet finish so what I ended up with is a modestly deepened coloration overall. I'm guessing that the light shade would be a tan to very light maple color that would do little to "cover" or "fill-in" the areas that need cover-up the most and would only be effective on very light shades of finished wood.

I remain amazed that few, if any, people have pursued this tack with this fine cabinet revitalization technique.
Perhaps it is because the homeowners really want new cabinets. If that is the case, so be it, but for the folks who are about to remove all of their cabinet doors and go out to the driveway with power sander in hand and stain and polyurethane at the ready are missing out badly here!

Good luck,
Ted

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: