Lane Cedar Chest

Old 06-10-07, 01:58 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lane Cedar Chest

I have a Lane Cedar Chest 1947 and have removed the vanier from it and am trying to find new vanier to put on and stain it like the original. I went to Rocklers and they tried to match it but when I did a small piece it doesn't match too well. Can any one help on this? Thanks

Old 06-10-07, 04:07 PM
J
Lane made quality products, how did you get the veneer off?? Rockler is a good source, but have you tried local lumber yards. They often carry venners in rolls. My guess for a cedar chest exterior would be cherry or mahogony. Stains, on the other hand, could be hard to match without a custom mix.

Old 06-10-07, 05:51 PM
R
The veneer had some chips in it and I used a small wood chiesle and was very carefull in do it and it did take some time. It looks good but need to find some vener for it. I'm redoing it for my granddaughter, The chest was my daughter in laws grandmothers. It still has the serial # and all the info in it. I will try some lumber yards. Thanks

Old 06-13-07, 05:13 AM
Don't have the address or phone #, but Lane was located in Altavista, Va. They keep records on every chest they ever made. With the serial number they can tell you exactly what was used to make the chest, and provide any replacement hardware you might need.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: