Hunt for the Right Glue


Old 02-19-08, 01:25 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central N.Y. State
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hunt for the Right Glue

The arm of an antique rocker is split along the grain. It has separated about the thickness of a playing card and can be squeezed back together.
I was advised to use a "non-expandable" or "low expansion" glue.
Anyone have a suggestion as to brand of glue and application procedure?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-08, 03:38 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 4,219
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a candidate for plain old yellow wood glue with a lot of spring clamps. Urethane glues do expand and, IMHO, don't work as well. I like the 'Titebond II' yellow wood glue, moisture resistent and once set, is stronger that the wood around it.
Old 02-19-08, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,562
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Titebond gets my vote as well.
Old 03-06-08, 10:26 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 209
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
anyone know what glue to use for wood to rubber?
Old 03-06-08, 12:59 PM
George's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Hill, Va. USA
Posts: 2,890
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Weldbond by Frank T. Ross (out of Toronto Canada).

It IS available in the U.S. at many hardware stores
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: