Dishwasher between Sink Base and Fridge

Old 09-25-08, 08:11 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Dishwasher between Sink Base and Fridge

In my kitchen I have a sink base cabinet, followed by the dishwasher, followed by the fridge. The fridge has 3" end panels surrounding it. How do I install the cabinets and fridge end panel so the granite counter top will be supported properly? Do I need cleats and fillers?
Does the top of the dishwasher get screwed to the granite?

Old 09-25-08, 08:36 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Space should have been allowed for a dishwasher end panel. These usually come with 3" or 1 1/2" stile. Panel can be attached to floor and/or wall with L brackets.
Depending on DW model, a strip of wood can be attached to underneath of counter with liquid nails and brackets screwed into wood. There are mounting kits available for attaching DW to sides of cabinets and panels.

Old 09-26-08, 05:15 AM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Well I don't have a D/W end panel, but there is a 3" panel for the fridge which is next to D/W. My concern is that if I put this end panel exactly 24" from end of sink cabinet that I will not have anything to support counter top where it meets the end panel. I would prefer to do this, if it will work, so I don't have to add fillers adjacent to fridge end panel - for upper and base.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: