Best brand of clear finishes?

Old 10-14-08, 05:34 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best brand of clear finishes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be refinishing rails and ballusters, kitchen and bath cabinets, and bookshelves..all of which were previoulsy finished with a solvent based lacquer. The finish for the most part is sound...a few scratches or dried-out areas on the surface here and there..But they all need a new coat or 2 to make them look new again.
I would like to use a WATERBOURNE lacquer, varnish, or poly.
I am leaning towards using either Target Coatings or ML Campbell brand of finishes.
What do you experts out there think of the above brands?--Relative to brands I can buy at big box stores, the Target and Campbell brands are extremely expensive.--However, I don't mind at all paying the price for quality if they are indeed that much better.
I'm leaning toward Target Coating's "Ultimate Spray Lacquer" or ML Campbell's "Ultrastar" lacquer.--Anybody have any experience using those?
Can anybody chime in their opinions of other brands you've used with success?
I'll be using a Fuji MM4 4-stage HVLP sprayer
Thanks all.

Old 11-09-08, 12:05 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I prefer the Taget Coatings products to the ML Campbell, though Campbell does have a couple new waterborne finishes that sound promising.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: